As some of you may know, I am currently dealing with two herniated disks in my cervical spine. I finally went and got an MRI and EMG after about a year and half of back, neck, and now head pain, and got some answers from Dr. Millar with SOAR. I am not going to sit here and whine to you (my husband is getting enough of that) because I am trying to stay positive. Sorry for the minimal posts the past couple of weeks. Time at the computer seems to make things quite a bit worse. Anyways, the good news is I am resting and hopefully healing, and the better news is that I am learning A LOT from this, and will therefor be a better coach with a better understanding of the body and, frankly, the mind and how to cope with this stuff.
Anyways, the point of this is to lead up to a quick product review. I have been a bit desperate to find a respite from the neck and head pain that’s been non-stop for two weeks now. Physical Therapy (and sadly some anti-inflammatories) have helped some, but my patience sucks. In my google searches I came across acupressure mats, and I decided to do some research to find the best one.
Introducing the Spoonk. I was pretty skeptical at first, but after laying on it for about 20 minutes (with my phone far away), I felt immediate relief, and the tension dissipated. The little spikes hit acupuncture points, releasing endorphins and helping with relaxation. I have been using it each night before bed, and the past three nights have been the first that I have been able to sleep through the night without the pain waking me up.
Now, it’s not a cure-all. I still feel pain, but it seems to offer moments of relief, it’s allowing my nervous system to calm down (which helps with healing), and I am sleeping! I got it for $49.99 on Amazon, which is WAY less than acupuncture treatment. So, I guess it’s safe to say that I am sold. I like the Spoonk…..
Ok, now it’s time for the point of this post…. Rusty and I made this recipe with THESE leftover tortillas, and they were delicious! Never be afraid of the leftovers, people. They create a perfect opportunity for creativity and new recipes! So here you go…
Paleo Breakfast Tacos (GF, NF, SF)
WHAT YOU NEED (serves 2):
- paleo tortillas from an earlier blog post – we had 3 each (I have started making a double batch each time because they are so great to have throughout the week)
- 6 pastured eggs
- 4 slices of bacon from pastured pigs
- 3 thin slices of raw, organic cheese
WHAT TO DO:
- slice your bacon into strips and then dice it up into smaller pieces
- put it in a pan and let it sizzle
- scramble your eggs and pour over the bacon once it is cooked through
- take your scramble off of the heat once cooked perfectly
- begin warming your tortillas on a heated pan (I like to add a little bacon grease to the pan first)
- add some of the eggs and top with a slice of cheese – cover with a small pan to help it melt
- once the cheese is melted nicely and the tortiila has become a little crispy, pull if off of the griddle
- fold it in half and press down to form a nice taco shell
- ENJOY!! Let me know what you think….