Hi! It’s been a while, and I am sorry. I still love all of you, and I hope you love me. In case you’ve gotten a little perturbed by my recent scantness of postings, I decided to bring to you the simplest, and perhaps most uniquely delicious, cookie recipe ever to win back your hearts. They also happen to make the BEST ice cream sandwich cookie, and today was sunny, which means summer is around the corner. Ok, so maybe not really, but I sure do love the sun. Living up here has made me appreciate it so much more. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love having seasons now (thank you PNW), and maybe that’s because I do appreciate the sun more. Or maybe because I can drive 30 minutes to snow. Or maybe because the short days and long nights help me hunker down into a sort of hibernation (hence the recent minimal postings) so that I can reboot for the long days ahead and coming life changes.
More on those changes later, though. For now, enjoy some cookies courtesy of yours truly and some sunshine courtesy of that beautiful, wondrous mother nature.
Chocolate Chip Chewies (GF, DF)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter (I like sprouted almond butter, but feel free to swap the almond butter for your favorite nut)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pastured egg
- organic, fair trade dark chocolate chips (I go soy free too)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) until you have a batter
- plop ping pong ball sized dollops on the cookie sheet with at least an inch between them
- the dollops will flatten out into battery saucers
- sprinkle chocolate chips as desired
- bake for 8-10 minutes
- the cookies should come right off with a spatula
Have a great week everyone. Let me know what you think!