If you haven’t learned by now, I just love this time of year. The spirit, the food, the flavors, and the continuos merriment. What’s not to love? Everything is spiced perfectly with cinnamon, nutmeg, and all of the flavors of the season. There are unlimited excuses to get together with family and friends to celebrate all that we have to be grateful for… we get breaks from work or school, the holidays are upon us, and a brand new year is ahead. It goes without saying that most folks like to celebrate this time of year with a toast. So I bring to you a delicious sangria recipe that will take you right to that feeling of bliss that the holidays are truly all about.
A little before Thanksgiving, my little brother’s awesome girlfriend, Raana, sent me a link to a holiday sangria that featured kombucha as a delicious addition. I knew this was going to be a necessary part of this holiday season and went to work on my own sangria creation. Now, amazing food is… well, amazing. And the only thing that can make it more spectacular is to experience the flavors while enjoying time with family and friends. I am not much of a drinker, BUT every once in a while, I do enjoy a good glass of wine or a dry hard cider. There is now a new addition to that short list: this kick ass sangria. All my favorite spices, fresh seasonal fruit, suav blanc, organic juice and sparkling cider, my favorite kombucha ever, and a hint of brandy…. this sangria is a hit!
This Thanksgiving was truly special because it was shared with the people that I am most thankful for; my family, my amazing husband, and our two perfect pups. The joy of toasting to all that we have to be thankful for with a mason jar of this sangria is something I won’t soon forget. So cheers to this holiday season, to the ones you love, and to creating a lifestyle of health, wellness, sustainability, and joy <3
Enjoy this Holiday Spiced Cran-Apple Kombucha Sangria with the ones you love and take some time to appreciate the present moment, the love, and the happiness. A toast to you!
Holiday Spiced Cran-Apple Kombucha Sangria (GF, NF, DF)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bottle sauv blanc
- 3 apples (I went with braeburn)
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup sparkling cider*
- 1/2 cup Uber Fresh C++ (pure, unsweetened orange juice will work too)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 bottle of GTs third eye chai kombucha
* I used a pomegranate apple, which was delicious, but regular apple works. Also, Martinelli’s makes organic sparkling ciders, and they have no added sugar or preservatives
WHAT YOU DO:
- add all of the ingredients except for the kombucha to a large glass bowl or pitcher
- stir it nicely until the liquids meld, and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the flavors mix and the fruit soak up all of the goodness
- when it’s time to serve, add your kombucha and give it one more stir
- pour into mason jars, making sure to include some fruit in each
- ENJOY! Cheers <3
Happy holidays, everyone. Cheers to a fantastic finish to a really kick ass year. There’s been ups and downs, of course, but I wouldn’t change where I am now and the people I am surrounded by, including all of my readers!
Cheers <3 The Bruners