Nothing beats a morning at home with Rusty, our girls, and a cup of my coconutty protein coffee… or so I thought until I tried this new recipe and this particular morning got even better!
I have been experimenting with chia seeds since we got a giant bag at Costco, and so far, I freaking LOVE THEM!
Here is the latest recipe! 5 ingredient Cocoa Chia Seed Pudding…. mmmmmm! Sprinkle coconut shavings or my paleo granola on top and you’re set for a good start to the day!
Cocoa Chia Pudding (GF, NF, DF)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (full fat – from the can) *the carton stuff has some pretty bad additives in there(see here for more info)
- 3 T organic raw cocoa powder
- sprinkle of celtic sea salt
- 1 T of organic maple syrup (you can sub 6-8 drops of stevia, but I prefer the taste of maple syrup)
That’s it! Easy huh?
WHAT TO DO:
- Put all of your ingredients into an airtight tupperware or jar that you can close and shake aggressively
- stir a few times with a spoon
- put the lid on and go to town – shake what your momma gave ya
- stick it in the fridge overnight (or at least 4-5 hours) until it looks like this
- spoon the pudding into a couple of bowls (his and hers in our case). This is when the first taste happened, and Rusty smiled like a little kid. It was adorable. He said it tasted just like the pudding cups from when he was a kid. BEST part of the morning.
- now, for the finisher! Sprinkle some of this granola for some more healthy fats, and voila!
- I paired this with my all-time favorite morning drink – My coconutty protein coffee
I hope you like it! I have more recipes in the lineup with chia seeds… these things are delicious and multi-talented. AND they are super healthy (here is some info on the benefits… more to come on this)
Happy Friday!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend…