With all the time we spend on the move, traveling, adventuring, and exploring, I’ve decided to boost our on the go nutrition a bit. I recently heard from my friends at Naked Nutrition, and we’ve partnered to bring you this recipe for delicious protein muffins made with grass fed, no junk added whey protein. Protein is an important part of my family’s nutrition. It keeps us fueled for our time spent outside, keeps hunger at bay, and helps sustain our fitness and Evie’s growth (I can’t believe how fast she’s growing!).
For the most part, we stick to real food forms of protein from properly raised animals, but sometimes supplementing is important. Rusty and I add Naked Whey to our #boosted coffee every morning, so that we can be fueled for busy mornings until we have time to sit and enjoy a meal as a family. When used as a part of a balanced diet, real food based protein powders can be incredibly beneficial. But, it might come as no surprise that many of the protein powders on the market might not be as healthy as they claim to be. Many brands will try to make their protein powders tastier by adding in processed sugars or artificial sweeteners, neither of which are a part of our diet. We like our ingredient lists short and our food tasty, and that along with a desire for more simplicity in our day to day are the reasons behind this recipe.
My latest recipe makes for muffins that are a fun way to make sure that everyone in the family is getting in enough protein. Evie loves joining in on the process too. Hope you and your little ones enjoy these as much as we do!
quick and easy protein muffins
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. honey (we love Beekeeper’s Naturals B-Powered honey)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of Vanilla Naked Whey
- 1/4 cup of Otto’s cassava flour
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
WHAT YOU DO:
- Heat oven to 350 F and grease muffin tin with coconut oil
- combine egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and honey in one bowl, and in a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients
- pour wet ingredients into dry and gently fold until combined; do not over mix or they will collapse
- pour the batter in muffin tin, a little over halfway full
- bake the muffins for 8-10 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- when they’re done, ENJOY! (Evie loves them with butter and a little Beekeeper’s Naturals B-Powered honey)
Let me know what you think! What are your favorite on the go snacks? I’d love it if you would share in comments!