So I have officially made the decision to begin The Certified Nutritionist Consultant Program at the Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy. It’ll be a distance learning program done at my own pace (which means pretty fast because I want this bad), and I am SO excited.
The coolest part is that I will have the ability to legitimately use Clinical Nutrition for the professional benefit of other people, maybe even you! Stay tuned! Things will be changing around here in the near future.
Ok, so now back to the purpose of this blog…. something amazing happened in the kitchen yesterday.. and I mean it, AMAZING. I pulled everything out of my pantry and just started experimenting with flavors. What came next made my day…. and then seriously made my morning because breakfast was DELICIOUS, and I got to enjoy it with Rusty (which is rare these days).
So here it is….
Paleo Coconut Cacao and Fig Granola
Paleo Coconut Cacao and Fig Granola (GF, DF)
WHAT YOU NEED (I used all organic and raw ingredients):
- 1 cup cashews
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (you can also do flakes if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried figs chopped up (great deal on these at Costco!)
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
WHAT TO DO:
- preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- place the cashews and pecans into a blender and pulse to break the mixture into smaller pieces, then pour them into a medium bowl (you can also just chop them with a knife)
- add in the coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, and cacao nibs
- melt coconut oil on stovetop, pour into measuring cup, add honey, stir to melt it
- then add vanilla, and stir some more
- pour into the bowl with the nut/seed mix and get your hands dirty making sure it’s all coated
- spread the mixture out into a shallow baking dish and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the mixture is lightly browned (and your kitchen smells like heaven)
- remove from the oven and stir in the dried figs and salt
- press the granola mixture out on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet to form a flat, even surface
- pop it in the fridge for 20 minutes and then break into chunks
- ENJOY!! We had ours over my cocoa chia pudding
- IF there is any left, store in an airtight glass container
I hope you all are enjoying this heat! I know I am.. I love summer. Enjoy it with someone you love. Happy almost weekend!